Dog TravelIts getting to that time of year again when we pack the car and our beloved pet and off we go around Europe or the UK on our yearly adventure, perhaps camping or in the caravan or maybe in a lodge or other pet friendly accommodation. So what are the pointers we need to consider when traveling with our dogs & pets?
1. Safety. Are your pets safe and secure in the car? There are many products on the market to help with this from suitable travel carriers, to car harness clips & dog crates.
2. Will my dog get anxious or stressed while traveling? There are many products on the market that can help with car travel anxiety. However, if in double we would recommend a visit to the vet.
3. Is the accommodation pet friendly? There may be other dogs around the camp sites for example and a consideration is how friendly your dog it with other four legged friends
4. Do we have enough food with us for our dogs & cats. Many animals find it a little uncomfortable if food is changed and may take time for adjustment. You do not want any upset tummies while away on holiday
5. Vet Care. Do you know where the local vets are? This is an important point which is often over looked. Of course we hope to not need them however, it is better to be prepared, even better if it is a recommendation from a friend or family member
6. Lastly, enjoy your holiday. If you enjoy yourself, we are sure your dog will too
If you have any comments or recommendations regarding pet friendly holiday accommodation we would love to hear from you
Image from Google Images doyoutravel.blogspot.com
You can follow us on
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Google+
Barking Mad Clothing
#dogs #dogtravel #dogholidays