Fireworks & Your PetsThis time of year the fireworks and celebration season is upon us. Many of us have pets and worry about their safety at this time of year. We have a few simple steps that might helps keep your pets secure and safe during this time.
1. Try and keep your pets indoors away from fireworks, loud bangs and bonfires.
2. Try and walk your #dog before dark.
3. Try and ensure your #cat is at home and all your outdoor pets are safe and secure.
4. If you can be at home during this time to keep your pets company we are sure they would appreciate the comfort and security at home.
5. Let your #pet feel comfortable at home and let them choose where they feel comfortable.
6. Perhaps a little distraction during this time would help, ie perhaps a treat toy or perhaps a cat nip toy.
7. If your pets are still finding the hole 'fireworks experience' distressing it might be worth a quick visit to the vets as we are sure they will be able to assist with either light medication or perhaps calming techniques which will help reassure your animals.
We hope your find these practical tips useful and if you have any further comments we would love to hear from you and please feel free to leave a comment.